Tuesday 28 December 2010

Game Art Design and Animation Week 8:The Root of the Problem

As i had stated in my previous blog that the weight painting process was an issue mainly the fact that there had been influence from the root weight.














Once i had tried to remove the weight from the root of the model it would begin to collapse in on itself and so left me with a huge problem in getting to the next stage in my process.


After going back and forth with my weight painting problem i was told that the root of the problem was the extra nodes i had combined with my model and this was true because a wanted the air containers and wires to be apart of the model which was a separate model to the character. I had used different polygons for these and then combined the overall model together and now i have learned that because of that when i do move my model these separate nodes althought combined together will still move separately.
 So what i had to do next was to go back to the previous state of my model without any additional polygons and work from there by creating the essence of the air containers and wires on the texture.
 From that i would have to redo my UV mappign as it needed to work with the model in its current state and then paint the textures back on.
Having to redo my UV mapping i had simply matched up the UVs to the texture as it was reviously and then i will be adding the air containers and wires in after.


No comments:

Post a Comment